Prevailing thoughts…

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I’d love to hear the prevailing thoughts of what local experts are saying about the prospect of waterfront lots. We’re planning retirement on the lake, so the location is of long term significance. Hoping to learn as much as possible about possible waterfront lots with open water views and ideal positioning relative to the water, weather, wind, sunrise/sunsets and the like. We currently live on a private lake (too small for watercraft) and enjoy both sunrise and sunset views and are back porch faces south. We’ve bee told that the NorthWest end of the lake (towards the dam) would be most desirable due to the deep water and the south side of the lake would have the calmest weather. (Have low confidence in the source at this time so trying to gather additional insights. I am a fishing enthusiast and look forward to lots of time on the water. Any thoughts, suggestions or resources or personal testimonies would be most helpful.

Tina
    Participant

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I have looked at a few posts and noticed that no one is responding. I hope this is not an indication of how this lake is going to be ran.

Andrew
    Participant

Tina, I’m not certain there is information that is available to respond to my question. But to answer your question, no, I’ve not heard anything back on it.

Tina
    Participant

🤔

David
    Participant

Lots are on the way! Large parcels of Lakefront land are currently under contract and for sale. See here

Carlie
    Participant

Any ideas about lot sizes that will be available? And will this be a master planned situation or custom builds? Thanks!

David
    Participant

Some of the shoreline areas are zoned as a minimum of one acre lot size. With 68 miles of brand new shoreline there would be all sorts of master plan communities, custom builds, etc.

Great Questions! David

William
    Participant

Any updates to what’s happening up there?

David
    Participant

Hi William,

There are lots of things going on as the lake is set to start filling on March 25. What specificly were you looking for? Developed lake lots?

Thanks! David

William
    Participant

Hi David,

Very similar to Andrew’s original post, I am looking for prospect of waterfront lots. I am a few years from official retirement but believe this is good time to start. I am open to developments that will be done soon as I don’t mind to have an extra place to go with this COVID stuff still going around but I am also okay with securing the land now and build in a few years.

Thanks,
    William

Michael
    Participant

My wife and I are waiting on individual lots for sale as well. I think this is just something we have to be patient for. Seems like larger lots are going to developers at the moment, smaller lots for individual buyers should be a few months down the road.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.