Reply To: PUBLISHED SHORELINE MGMT PLAN DECK

Home Forums Shoreline Management Plan Discussion PUBLISHED SHORELINE MGMT PLAN DECK Reply To: PUBLISHED SHORELINE MGMT PLAN DECK

Greg
Participant

Thanks for keeping us up to date David! Now that the NTMWD has presented the plan to Fannin County, I guess there is a period for public comment prior to final vote. Any idea how long until that vote? After reviewing the presentation I am unfamiliar and unclear on how the shoreline lease and use agreement could work. I understand we will have to wait to find specifics but hoping someone may be familiar with these sort of leases. I am curious at a general level to understand under what circumstances the NTMWD can terminate the lease. The 5 year term would seem to be short without a right of first refusal by the landowner and is there usually some protection against rising fees. After such an investment in a lot, house and boathouse the termination of the lease would result in significant financial loss and a unusable lake property. Was also wondering if landowners would be able to run electric to their dock through the NTMWD lease land. I get that dock lights must be solar but it is nice to have electricity on a dock for battery chargers, power washers, etc. Same question for irrigation, can you typically install on the lease land? Looking forward to learning more!